Have you scheduled an appointment with your dental clinic to clean your teeth lately? If not, it’s time to get on the phone with your dentist right now. Dental cleanings should occur at least every six months. These appointments are not just for maintaining your gorgeous smile, whitening your teeth or getting plaque out of hard to reach places. Frequently getting your teeth cleaned by a professional dental hygienist is not just integral to your oral health, but your health in general.
Here is why regular teeth cleaning is so important:
Nobody likes bad breath. It’s embarrassing and can leave a terrible first impression. Consistent teeth cleaning appointments can reduce instances of bad breath by ensuring your teeth are extra clean and smelly bacteria is removed from in between your teeth.
Everybody wants a beautiful bright, white smile. Everyday occurrences like drinking coffee, tea or wine as well as eating tomato sauce, blueberries or soy sauce can ruin your smile. Your dental professional will remove any surface stains on your teeth. If left unattended, these stains can dull and discolour your smile.
Dental cleaning is one of the best and most thorough ways to prevent cavities. Daily flossing and tooth brushing can also help, but professional help is the best way to avoid cavities. Plaque is an acidic substance that eats away at the enamel on your teeth. Without intervention from a dentist, plaque buildup can lead to painful cavities and tooth decay.
Regular teeth cleaning appointments can reduce your chances of getting gum disease. Gum disease can lead to tooth loss and more seriously, cardiovascular disease. Reduce your chances of having a stroke or a fatal heart attack by getting your teeth cleaned professionally twice a year.
Who doesn’t like to have a little extra money? Thankfully, a lot of dental plans cover teeth cleaning appointments. Additionally, by taking preventative care of your oral health at these appointments, you’ll save money in the long run by not having to pay for more expensive surgeries in the future. If your dental hygienist discovers any serious causes for concern, the members of staff can help you organize financial arrangements to cover costs for further procedures.
What Happens at Dental Check-Up
- Your dentist will examine your teeth for any signs of cavities. For further precaution, your dental health professional may recommend X-rays to check for cavities between your teeth.
- They additionally will look for plaque and tartar. Plaque is a layer of bacteria that can harden and turn into tartar. It is difficult to remove it with simple brushing and flossing, and as aforementioned, buildup can lead to oral diseases.
- Following that, your gums will be investigated with a dental tool which will measure the space between your teeth and gums. If your gums are healthy, the depth in this space should be shallow.
- There are many crucial parts of your oral health, including your tongue, throat, neck and face. During teeth cleaning visits, your dentist should check for swelling, redness and signs of cancer.
- To get your teeth extra clean, your dentist will scale your teeth will a special tool to remove tartar. Then, your teeth will be polished with a gritty paste to remove surface stains.
Professional teeth cleanings allow your dentist or hygienist an opportunity to analyze the condition of your oral health and compare your mouth to previous visits. If you’re not taking proper care of your teeth, urgent attention can help you get back on track right away. To get the best dental care from the best dentists in North York, call today at or make an appointment. Dentist North York offers cost-efficient general dentistry and sleek, innovative dental care in North York. At Dentist North York, we offer an array of dental services, from teeth cleaning and general dentistry to specialized procedures such as wisdom teeth removal and All on 4 dental implants. The satisfaction of our patients is our first concern. We focus on providing top-of-the-line, cost-efficient dental services and tender love and care that leads to many return clients. A smiling patient with a stunning smile is the most rewarding part of our practice. We aspire to keep our patients’ smiles dazzling, shiny and most importantly, healthy. Your oral health is in good hands at Dentist North York.